Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fast and Easy Udon Soup

So if you didn't know, we have chickens. We have been getting eggs for like a month and they are the yummiest. I love poached eggs on top of salads, noodles, rice. But I've never been able to make a decent poached egg. Until now. Evidently it helps if the egg is fresh. I have fresh eggs. So if you've never had success with a poached egg, just fry some eggs and keep the yoke runny.

Packaged fresh udon noodles (You can find these in the produce section usually by the tofu. I buy mine a Chao's on University Ave. Great place.)
Sliced onions
Thinly sliced zucchini
sliced mushrooms
sesame and olive oil
Beef stock (try the Better than Bouillon)
garlic (fresh or powder)
ginger (fresh or powder)
soy sauce
poached or fried egg for each person

Saute the onions and zucchinis in half sesame-half olive oil at medium heat. When they are almost translucent, add the mushrooms (I like my mushrooms to have a bit of crunch in them). Saute for a few more minutes. Add stock, noodles, garlic and ginger to taste and quite a bit of soy sauce. Bring to a gentle simmer. Serve in a bowl with an egg on top. So good. So fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment